There is a special throttle body & air intake cleaner for cleaning the throttle body, but many people still choose to use the carburetor cleaner for cleaning, so what is the difference between these two cleaning agents?
1. The main functions are different. Throttle body & air intake cleaner is mainly used to clean carbon deposits, and the effect is great. It can increase the intake air volume of the throttle body and make the fuel fully burn; while the carburetor cleaner is mainly used to remove oil stains and surface corrosion with a fast speed, which is non-toxic and environmentally friendly.
2. They are used for different parts. Throttle body & air intake cleaner is aimed at cleaning the throttle body, which can prolong the service life of the throttle body; while the carburetor cleaner is aimed at cleaning the carburetor, leaving no traces. It is very convenient to use, and can improve work efficiency.
3. The main ingredients are different. The main components of the throttle body spray are benzene, and the main components of the carburetor cleaner are solvent oil and toluene.
Then what will happen if you still use the carburetor cleaner to clean the engine throttle body:
1. It may cause unstable idle speed and increase fuel consumption: Since the carburetor cleaner has serious corrosiveness and swelling to the rubber ring, cleaning the throttle body with the carburetor cleaner will corrode the oil seal on the idle motor. Swelling may cause unstable idle speed of the vehicle and increased fuel consumption.
2. The electronic throttle cruising device does not work well: because the carburetor cleaner has no lubricating effect, the use of the carburetor cleaner will completely remove the original lubricant on the throttle body, causing the throttle body to be stuck in operation. Besides, there are faults such as malfunctions of the control and cruise devices of electronic throttle body.
3. It has a destructive effect on the special coating of the throttle cavity: The inner cavity of the electronic throttle body is generally treated with a special coating, which is anti-static, does not vacuum, and reduces the effect of colloidal formation on its surface. The carburetor cleaner will severely damage the special coating on the throttle body, causing the idle speed to rise and waste oil.
4. The long-term use of the carburetor cleaner to clean the throttle body will make the formation time of the throttle body gel faster and faster. Frequent cleaning leads to frequent failures and high maintenance costs. Finally, the throttle body needs to be replaced to solve the problem.
Therefore, it is recommended to use professional throttle body & air intake cleaner as much as possible when cleaning the throttle body, instead of using different kinds of products for temporary convenience.