Home is our eternal harbor. A warm home environment can take away a person's fatigue and make people enjoy the tranquility and beauty in life. After a long time, some people want to change the style of the furniture, and some places will fade and the repair is necessary. Many people will try to use self-spraying paint to repair and change the color of their homes. This method is convenient, fast, and low-cost, and at the same time, you can experience the fun of remodeling and repairing by yourself. However, if you buy self-spraying paint but do not know how to use it or master the correct method of use, it may not achieve the expected effect. Improper painting will waste the paint and damage the furniture. Therefore, it is very important to master the correct use of self-spraying paint. This article will introduce how to use the spray paint to decorate furniture or walls at home.
1. Remove decorations and handles that do not require coloring. Before painting, inspect the object being painted for removable parts that do not require painting, such as handles. You'll need to remove the handles and trim, leaving only the parts that need painted. For parts that cannot be disassembled but do not need to be colored, you can use tape or newspaper to wrap them, so as not to be colored by mistake, and it is also conducive to the uniformity of coloring. When you use the spray paint, tapes and newspapers can help you accurately color different areas and give you unexpected surprises.
2. Wash and sand the painted area. Wash the area that needs to be painted first. The correct way is to use a cleaning agent to wash carefully. What you need to wash off are not only dust, but also invisible grease, sweat, etc. These invisible elements are often one of the major reasons why the self-spraying paint is easy to fall off, so the cleaning steps are crucial on the uniformity of the coloring and the durability of the self-spraying paint. After cleaning, you need to sand the surface of the item. This step is to remove substances that are insoluble in water and cleaning agents, such as oxides. At the same time, grinding can also increase the adhesion of the self-spraying paint, making the self-spraying paint more durable.
3. Master the strength of self-spraying paint. First, you need to shake the self-spraying paint so that the solvent inside is well mixed, and then find an area to master the strength of the spray. Different brands of self-spraying paint have different spray pressures and pressing pressures. Therefore, in order to have a better spray painting effect, it is best to feel the pressing degree of the self-painting first. It is about 20 cm away from the test area. If it is too close, the paint will easily flow or bubble. If it is far away, the paint will be wasted, and the color will be uneven. After the test, you can color the furniture when you have mastered the appropriate strength.
4. Start coloring: The trick you need to master about self-spraying paint is to spray a small amount of paint once and spray it multiple times. When coloring, spray a thin layer, and then spray a second layer after 3-5 minutes, so that the degree of color is easy to control. Try to even spray, not shoot, so as to achieve the effect of uniform coloring. Spray a small amount of paint at a time, and if the color fades, you can spray several coats. However, if the spray force is too strong, you can only remove the paint or sand and repaint it if you want to repair it. When using self-spraying paint to color, you also need to pay attention to the fact that dust and small bugs will also affect, which are easy to cause small defects on the surface of self-spraying paint. If you are not satisfied after painting, you can repaint after sanding, and repeat several times until the effect is satisfactory. In addition, you can also use varnish as appropriate, or use sand wax. After finishing the spray painting, remove the newspaper and tape, wait for the self-spraying paint to dry, and then re-install the handle and accessories, so that the procedure of self-spraying paint coloring is finished.
5. For the unused self-spraying paint, you need to spray it upside down for 3 seconds, and then close the lid. Otherwise, it will be easy to block when you use it next time. The self-spraying paint should be stored in a cool and dry place. Do not pierce or squeeze the can body, or a gas explosion may occur.
Some people may wonder whether it is better to paint the furniture by spraying paint or brushing paint. In the past, it was generally believed that brushing paint was better, and brushing paint will make it look like thicker. However, the disadvantage of this method is that there are fewer colors, and it requires the skilled craftsman. Now, the technology of self-spraying paint has matured, which is not only convenient, but also has uniform coloring and low cost. However, some damages may not be easily covered and repaired by self-spraying paint. These areas need to be repaired with paint. The paint is thicker and can cover some scratches that cannot be covered by self-spraying paint. With the rapid development of people's lives, the time for furniture decoration will only get shorter and shorter. The drying time of self-spray paint is shorter than that of brush paint, so self-spray paint is an excellent choice for small and medium-sized repair and color change in the home.